In Geography, students will learn about:
- The way in which particular places and regions have evolved to be distinctive.
- How to observe, describe, analyse, represent, interpret and report information about the world
- Changes and stability in the Human and Physical worlds including the causes, rates and patterns of change and the prediction of change.
- The world as an integrated system
- A variety of analytical processes including techniques such as GIS and field study research.
In Key Stage 3 these are explored through:
Year 7: Introducing Geography, Exploring Earth, Natural Hazards, Map Skills,The Coastal Zone
Year 8: Rainforests, Energy Issues,Globalisation of Fashion,Weather,Environmental Concerns
Year 9: Population, Population/Migration, Rivers, Brazil, Development
More information on Geography at Key Stage 3 is available here:
Additional information on Key Stage 3 Geography can be obtained by contacting
Ms R Robertson - Geography Teacher