Richard Lander GCSE Results 2018
We are delighted with the results achieved by our students this year. Congratulations to all our students who have worked so hard to achieve this. Many thanks also to our staff team who have worked so hard to support students and indeed our parent body who have been so supportive too.
Steve Mulcahy, Headteacher
On the new DfE headline measure of Progress 8, which matches progress achieved from the end of primary school, we are judged to have performed significantly above the national average, with a Progress 8 score of +0.19 ; an excellent result for Richard Lander students and staff.
• Over a quarter of our students gained 5 or more 9-7 grades – equivalent to the old A/A* grade
• 18 students gained 9 or more 9-7 grades
• 25 students gained 8 or more 9-7 grades
• 34% of our students gained a 9-7 grade in English
• 23% of our students gained a 9-7 grade in maths
• 74% of our students passed both English and maths (9-4)
• 86% of our students gained a pass in English (9-4)
• 76% of our students gained a pass in maths (9-4)
Performance tables released in January 2018 showed Richard Lander School to be performing above local authority average and England average in all key areas.
There is more information on how Richard Lander School performs at:
Please follow this link for pupil destinations after KS4.
On March 27th 2018 Ofsted conducted a short inspection where they found Richard Lander School continues to be a good school.
In March 2015, Ofsted found Richard Lander School to be a good school. Our most recent Ofsted inspection reports and performance tables can be accessed by following the links below
We invite parents and carers to share their views regarding Richard Lander School, by clicking on Ofsted’s Parent View Logo. You’ll be guided as to how to register so that you can share your views.