Richard Lander School GCSE Results 2019
Thursday 22nd August saw our class of 2019 collect their GCSE Results. We look forward to updating this page further in the autumn term, following more in depth analysis, but particular highlights for this year’s results are:
· 83% of students gained 5 or more GCSE passes (equivalent to the old A*-C grades)
· Over a fifth of students gained 5 or more grades 9-7 (equivalent to the old A/A* grade)
· 19 students gained 9 or more 9-7 grades
· 73% of students gained a pass in both English and Maths
Mr Mulcahy, Headteacher, said: ‘We are delighted with our GCSE results for 2019. This is the result of 5 years’ hard work by students, supported by a wonderful staff team who always go the extra mile to support. On behalf of staff and governors at Richard Lander School, may I congratulate our students on achieving such good grades. Students should look forward with real confidence to college or work which lie ahead. We wish them all the very best success and happiness for the future.’
Richard Lander School GCSE Results 2018
'We are delighted with the results achieved by our students this year. Congratulations to all our students who have worked so hard to achieve this. Many thanks also to our staff team who have worked so hard to support students and indeed our parent body who have been so supportive too.'
Steve Mulcahy, Headteacher
On the new DfE headline measure of Progress 8, which matches progress achieved from the end of primary school, we are judged to have performed significantly above the national average, with a Progress 8 score of +0.19 ; an excellent result for Richard Lander students and staff.
• Over a quarter of our students gained 5 or more 9-7 grades – equivalent to the old A/A* grade
• 18 students gained 9 or more 9-7 grades
• 25 students gained 8 or more 9-7 grades
• 34% of our students gained a 9-7 grade in English
• 23% of our students gained a 9-7 grade in maths
• 74% of our students passed both English and maths (9-4)
• 86% of our students gained a pass in English (9-4)
• 76% of our students gained a pass in maths (9-4)
Performance tables released in January 2018 showed Richard Lander School to be performing above local authority average and England average in all key areas.
There is more information on how Richard Lander School performs at:
Please follow this link for pupil destinations after KS4.
On March 27th 2018 Ofsted conducted a short inspection where they found Richard Lander School continues to be a good school.
In March 2015, Ofsted found Richard Lander School to be a good school. Our most recent Ofsted inspection reports and performance tables can be accessed by following the links below
We invite parents and carers to share their views regarding Richard Lander School, by clicking on Ofsted’s Parent View Logo. You’ll be guided as to how to register so that you can share your views.