Richard Lander School collects and uses personal information about staff, pupils, parents and other individuals who come into contact with the school. This information is gathered in order to enable the provision of education and in addition, the school may be required by law to collect, use and share certain information.
The Data Protection Act 1998 is superseded by the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations which become effective on 25th May 2018. Providing accessible information to individuals about the use of personal information (data) is a key element of GDPR and Richard Lander School has published new privacy notices and policies to ensure that we are compliant. These are linked below.
Richard Lander School is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Mrs Miriam Richardson is our Data Protection Officer. Should you require any information which you cannot find in the policies below, or would like information on the data which we hold on you or your child or would like to discuss how we use or store that information, please contact Mrs Richardson via her e-mail address, email@example.com
We are routinely required to share pupil information with the following organisations which all have their own privacy notices:
• Children’s Social Care & CHIS (Children Health Information System)
• External Professionals who visit the school
• Suppliers and service providers with whom we have a contract - Trutex Uniform Supplier, Tempest Photographs, ParentPay, SIMS, Library Cloud, Truancy Call, Assessnet – Accident Reporting, Motional, BandLab
• Schools that the pupil’s attend after leaving us
• Local authority
• Department for Education (DfE)